Tarrant County York Rite Festival 2014
Brother Jack Jeter is a Life Member of Haltom City−Riverside Lodge No. 1331. He served Riverside Lodge No. 1194 as Worshipful Master in 1964−1965 after serving in the seven officers of the officer line in Riverside Lodge. He is a 60 year Service Award Brother having received the 50 Year Award on March 16, 2004, and 60Year Award on April 14, 2014.He has served 2 terms as a member of the Board of Directors of the Texas Masonic Retirement Center
Festival Honoree: Brother Jack Jeter
Brother John Henry “Jack” Jeter was born November 9, 1926 in Garza, Texas. Jack spent many wonderful years together married to Evelyn.
Brother John Henry “Jack” Jeter was Initiated on December 16, 1953, Passed on January 20, 1954 and Raised to a Master Mason on March 13, 1954 in Riverside Lodge No. 1194, Fort Worth, Texas. Through the years of 1954 to 2008 Brother Jeter has become a member via petitioning, affiliated plural, consolidation, or affiliated charter in many different Lodges.
These Lodges are:
- 33 Point Isabel, Port Isabel, Cameron County, Texas.
- 455 Smithfield, N. Richland Hills, Texas.
- 576 Sweet Home, Texas Masonic Retirement Center
- 894 Chalk Mountain, Chalk Mountain, Texas.
- 1084 Keller, Keller, Texas.
- 1183 Panther City, Fort Worth, Texas.
- 1194 Riverside (Consolidated)
- 1195 Tabernacle, Fort Worth, Texas.
- 1331 Haltom City—Riverside, Haltom City, Texas.
- 1433 Sunrise Daylight, Fort Worth, Texas.
- 1437 Crowley, Crowley, Texas.
- 1441 Eugene Green DFW, Hurst, Texas
Honoree: Brother John Henry “Jack” Jeter
Brother Jack Jeter has served the Grand Lodge of Texas as District Deputy Grand Master of Masonic District 64−A in 1967−1968, and is the Grand Representative of the Grand Lodge of Idaho in Texas since January 2006. Serving on Several Committees of the Grand Lodge of Texas, these are: Director of Home and School, Lodge Assistance Mentor,Petitions and Returns of Lodges, Grand Officer’s Report, Grievances & Appeals, Mileage and Transportation, and Masonic Education and Service. He has served as Chairman on several of these Committees.
Riverside Chapter No. 468 Exalted Companion Jeter on May 28, 1954; and he served as Scribe in 1970, King in 1971, and was elected and installed as High Priest in 1972. In 1988 he was elected and installed as Treasurer of Riverside Chapter No. 468 and Riverside Council No. 384. The appointment by the Grand High Priest for him to serve as District Deputy Grand High Priest in the year of 1997. Likewise the Grand Master of the Grand Council selected him as District Deputy Grand Master in the year of 1974. From 1979 to 1988 he served as Grand Representative to the Grand Chapter of Argentina. He was elected and installed as Illustrious Principal Conductor of the Work in 1970 and followed in the next year, 1971, he was installed in the office of Right Illustrious Deputy Master in the year of 1971. He was elected and installed Thrice Illustrious Master in 1972. Companion Jack Jeter is a 50 year Service Award holder in both the Chapter and Council.
His civic honors are Past President of the Downtown Civilian Club in Fort Worth; Past President of the Downtown Building Owners and Managers Association in Fort Worth; Rotary Club in Cleburne and G.O.B. Club in Fort Worth.
Additional Masonic Honors are:
- Former DDGM of the Grand Lodge (1968),
- Golden Trowel Award,
- Class “A” Esoteric Certification Grand Lodge,
- and Esoteric Certificate in York Rite.
- Cryptic Triangle,
- Presiding Officers of Tarrant County York Rite Association,
- Past Sovereign Master of Tejas Council 282 AMD,
- Shamrock Council 54 Knight Masons,
- St Timothy Conclave Order of the Red Cross of Constantine,
- Order of the High Priesthood,
- Order of the Silver Trowel,
- Charter member and 33° Inspector General Honorary in Fort Worth Scottish Rite.